Wednesday, November 06, 2013

new collage: hold to hope



 
 
"hold to hope"
mixed media collage (acrylic paint, vintage papers, other papers) on stretched canvas
october, 2013
gregory a. milinovich
 
 
i haven't been doing much in my art room recently.  it takes so much time just to do the work of being a husband/father/pastor, that i often feel i have very little time or energy left to give to the creation of my ridiculous juxtapositions.  so, every time i walk by my art room, and i find myself a bit sad, i remind myself that there will come a day when i will have more time for this.  for now, that expectation holds me. 

however, recently a friend asked me to design something around a particular theme, and i found myself jumping at the opportunity to get down there and make something for a change!  it didn't turn out exactly as i had envisioned, but i'm still happy with it.  there's a bit of a glare in the picture above, but below you can see that the background is all scriptures that deal with a particular theme. 

it felt good to make something and stretch my creative muscles again!  (so thank you for helping me get creative again, friend...you know who you are!)


1 comment:

Cmilinovich said...

Love this!!!