Tuesday, February 22, 2011

our icy jester

 yesterday i woke up and wrote of impending spring. 

then i got dressed, went outside and made this guy with my children:


i suppose we could call him the last sentinel of winter, but that not only seems a little pretentious, but also a little premature.  winter may still have some more up her sleeve.  so, rather than curse her persistence and her over-stayed welcome, we made a "cat in the hat" snowman as a kind of a farce; a snowy court-jester if you will. 



do you see us, winter?  we aren't bothered by your persistent assault.  we are smiling.  we are still smiling at you, winter.  now, go away. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

February 22nd....snow day for me! First one of the season!

Mrs. Milinovich said...

Yes. I am staying home today too. No school; too much snow. I know it's still winter, but I am longing for spring. Love the Cat in the Hat snowman. Dr. Seuess would be pleased.