Friday, February 09, 2007

boys' weekend

shannon is away this weekend with her college girlfriends, enjoying a well-deserved mini-vacation. that means that jack (and max the dog) and i are having a boys' weekend. she left yesterday afternoon, and so far so good. he's been really good and having a great time. he took my hat off earlier today and put it on his head, so i told him i would take a picture. he then proceeded to pose for said picture.
last night i was playing my guitar and singing and jack was playing with blocks and dinosaurs. but as i was singing my heart out, i began to hear some accompaniment on the keys. i looked over and jack had climbed up on the piano bench and began to play. i thought this was pretty cool, so i stopped playing so i could say something to him about it, but before i could speak i realized he was singing. so i listened. he was pounding away on those ivories, but his voice was as perfect as could be, as he sang out, "jeeee-sus, jeeeee-sus, jeeeee-sus."



it is these moments that so charge me with emotion as a parent; these moments that make me so overwhelmingly aware of my wild and uncharted love for my son.

needless to say i am enjoying boys' weekend so far.
greg.










5 comments:

Emoly said...

I can't believe how much Jack has grown! Soon there will be another boy. Poor Shannon. I hope the next one is a girl! ;)

Hey how about those names? You need to post a list so we can give our opinions, which you can then ignore! haha

Laurie said...

There is nothing more precious than watching your child develop a relationship with God!

Crafty P said...

fun times!
I'm glad you two had a great weekend together.
I'm wondering when Jack started looking like a five year old. Seriously, he's so GROWN up looking!

I love the piano story. I'm sure you added it to your journal. That's one I wouldn't want to forget (or not scrapbook!)

greg. said...

yeah, jack looks really weird in that first picture. i think he is headed for an early adolescence, possibly hitting puberty before the age of 3. he's already got some hair on his chest.

okay, i'm joking. but they do grow up so fast...

Taryn said...

boys weekend. that reminds me of the story of your first "babysitting" experience with him. it's one of my favs...